|Since many attorneys in the industry have connections to politicians and people in places of power, I have compiled a list of suggestions for you to share and do please feel free to add your own ideas and pass this on to anyone that can make a real difference.
A List of Recommendations for the U.S. Government on Coronavirus
1) Immediately close all borders and cancel all international flights
2) Declare a national 5-week quarantine and lock down for all Americans except essential workers (healthcare, essential manufacturing, utilities, sanitation, emergency services, food production, etc.)
3) Utilize FEMA to provide emergency housing for all homeless
4) Provide a $5,000 emergency grant for all U.S. households
5) Allow public and private enterprise to suspend payroll for all furloughed workers during the quarantine period
6) Provide deferment on all debt payments, public and private, for a period of 60 days
7) Place all U.S. stock markets on a 4-week holiday
8) Rapidly deploy drive-thru testing locations across the U.S., prioritizing locations showing the greatest amount of community spread
9) Rapidly develop and distribute self-tests by mail with the idea of providing testing for every U.S. household
10) Develop a system of real-time monitoring, reporting a mapping of active cases. This could be done via a phone app and/or website.
11) Provide massive support for the U.S. healthcare system, including establishment of volunteer corps and commandeering commercial space nearby U.S. hospitals, if needed
12) Develop post-quarantine system of monitoring, rapid identification and containment
13) Develop and distribute a vaccine and/or effective course of treatment
We’re all in this together and we are looking forward to both business and life going back to normal in the coming months. Until then, stay safe, stay healthy, and don’t spread the virus or bad info!